JUNE 7TH IS MOTHER'S DAY IN FRANCE

Darklingangel
posté: Il y a 5472 days
JUNE 7TH IS MOTHER'S DAY IN FRANCE AND WE HAVE AT LEAST ONE MEMEBER IN OUR GROUP WHO LIVES IN FRANCE SO I THOUGHT WE COULD MAKE MOTHER'S DAY GIFTS AND POST THEM HERE. IF U ARE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY PLEASE ALSO LIST HERE WHAT DAY MOTHER'S DAY IS WHERE U ARE FROM. THANKS CASS
Darklingangel
YES I KNOW ITS EARLY BUT I MADE THIS TODAY FOR U HOPE U HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY MIA

http://blingee.com/blingee/view/90483503-a-special-gift-for-mia-on-mother-s-day?offset=0&;owner=Darklingangel
granny97
http://blingee.com/blingee/view/90495397-Happy-Mother-s-Day-Scrap
Dena72
Here in the UK the date changes as it is linked to Easter as below:

It's linked to Easter and moves with it - the day is more correctly 'Mothering Sunday' and refers to the day when circuit church members (Cof E, RC) all attended services at their Mother Church, the largest church in the area. 
The day became linked to visiting human Mothers when young girls went into service in the 18th and 19th century  and were allowed home to see their families before the busy entertaining time of Easter.
The easy way to remember when it falls in relation to Easter is to count the Sundays:
Mothering Sunday, care away
Palm Sunday,
Easter Day.
Wendy_75007
Thank you again Cassie Angel !! For you are such an angel ! And it is so kind of you to think about all as you always do ...
Thank you again for the wonderful blingee you made for me as a mother day gift, even if I am not living in the states at the moment more than half of my heart and thoughts are over you guys and I must say when yesterday I received coms from my American friends on myspace for me it was really mother day !! 
In fact, I always been cut in my two different cultures bur for celebration it is definitely the American part which wins !!
I must have a look about what is going on in our group
as you know I caught again something ! With a treatment by antibiotics for 15 days so I am just on my knees right now but I do not forget my French recipes
By the way can you get nice white asparagus at the moment ... For I have one recipes that my friends liked so much they were sometimes eating that even if you could be accused to eat as a pig , but when it is sooo good  ! 
Love you all my friends 

Deziraelynn
posté: Il y a 5471 days
It is so nice to learn of others cultures & background. I appreciate the input people are willing to share. Thank you for sharing the history of Mother's Day in france. That is so cool.
medusagorgona1
posté: Il y a 5471 days
Hi everybody. Great idea about sharing holiday dates. It is a lot to learn for me. I am a Russian American living temporarily in Asia... so I am totally lost which calendar to follow...

En vedette

Anime Geisha ►43951269

Créé par: 43951269

Place ton Blingee ici!