Just Wondering

mystique1155
posté: Il y a 1988 jours
When I do a search on blingee for DEAD, nothing shows up. I know for a fact stamps tagged dead used to show up because I have a few stamps tagged dead like day of the dead, dead flowers, etc and I've used those stamps. I've also searched dead before and got results. It's like it's been blacklisted :D. Hah! Sexy is gone too. OMG, devil and demon is gone too. LOL Have we gone rated G? Even Disney rated G films use little devilish creatures. Is this a bug or have those words been removed from search? Even the word SICK is gone. Okay, they still work when you have the 'canvas' brought up and do a search from the button under goodie bag, but it doesn't work in a general search from the top. Guessing it's a bug because other words do work in that search field.
guardian06
It could be some sort of a glitch.  I can find out for you. ☺

In the meantime, if you're looking for "Halloween" type stamps, you could type in horror, evil, cemetary, etc.

~Bling It On~
    ☺☺☺
mystique1155
Heheh, okay!
p01s0n_l1p5_0f_bl0od
posté: Il y a 1981 jours
No, it's not a glitch, Blingee team has blocked certain words that could lead to inappropriate pictures. However, I found that if you open the canvas to make a blingee and use the search there, then these words will work... I hope that this helps.
LovingRed
posté: Il y a 1975 jours
Word " fairy " is not available either.
I wonder how a fantasy creature can offend enyone ?
If I search fantasy woman some fairies show there.  
I search " Day of the death" nothing.
looking for skull and I find some sugar skulls. 
Death is not a "happy" word but is any answer why " fairy" may be offensive ?
( I am not a complainer but fairy curious to death. )  =)  =)  =)  =)  lol
mystique1155
posté: Il y a 1975 jours
Fairy is a derogatory slang term for a gay man. Just curious, Poison, how do ya know they blocked certain words? Blingee states freedom of expression. It'd be kind of lame if they blocked fairy for that reason. I don't think I've ever seen a gay man under the key word fairy but I've seen gorgeous fantasy fairies under that key word. Did you find out anything, Deb?
guardian06
posté: Il y a 1974 jours
Hi, Kelly =)

I remember asking this very question, several years back.  I had actually forgotten until just now *giggles*.
Anyway, if I remember correctly, it was programmed into this site when it was first created.
I'll have to look back on my notes for a more indepth answer ;-)

~Bling It On~
    ☺☺☺
mystique1155
posté: Il y a 1974 jours
Hmm, I dun remember finding this till now. I used to use that search all the time to find stamps :D. I never had a problem with it back then. KK Debs :D.
p01s0n_l1p5_0f_bl0od
posté: Il y a 1945 jours
I know that Blingee is open to freedom of expression, but it doesn't take a genius to know that the words that reroute you to the home page are all words that could be used to describe inappropriate things as well as innocent. Words like,

Fairy (Meaning both a winged creature and a gay person)

Shag (Meaning both Carpet and sex)

Bitch (Meaning both mean woman and a pregnant dog)

Ass (Meaning both a Donkey and a human butt)

You know words like that. Those words what seem to not work properly, it only makes sense that one would assume that these words were blocked and blocked for a reason. It's common sense.
mystique1155
posté: Il y a 1909 jours
So technically, you're just guestimating what I already concluded but wanted to hear from the horse's mouth instead of someone thinking they know the answer to the question by reason of deduction. Well, fairy and dead used to work in the search in previous years and I was wondering why all the sudden it no longer worked. Obviously, from my comment above, I did a search on several words that could be blacklisted and reported those too. So to state it only takes common sense to figure it out implies I have no idea what is going on... HELLO?

Fairy in the fantasy term far outweighs fairy as a derogative slang word for a homosexual, as I noted above to someone who was questioning just that. As a matter of fact, I wanted to point this out because we miss so many beautiful stamps with fairy being blacklisted. It boils down, for me, to the fact that far more people are being penalized for an infraction of homophobes who probably wouldn't even use the word fairy to describe a gay person as an inflammatory basis. I can think of far worse words for homosexuality, if I was slamming someone, than to use fairy and if I was that sort of person, I would use something worse to get my point across. That's just what I am saying. Fairies should be allowed in a search. It's sad that we cannot search those stamps due to some jerk in the past using the word fairy to describe a gay man. I was hoping we could get it taken off the blacklist, Guardian? :D  
BitterRose
posté: Il y a 1884 jours
I hope everyone figured out that this actually was some sort of glitch. There was at least one time (possibly two) where I would search for words that couldn't possibly be used in a derogatory way, or a combination of words, and would get no results. These were common search words, so I knew right away that it was some sort of glitch, and when I came back days later to make a blingee I didn't have that problem 
So, no, there is no massive conspiracy, nor is the Blingee Team overreacting to something derogatory! And if any of you have ever had any dealings with them, believe me, you would know that they ALWAYS erred on the side of freedom of speech, art, whatever. The only things they banned were actual genitals. The problem is that they have been absent for so long and so many hyper-religious people have become very vocal about their views that people seem to have forgotten what the Blingee Team actually believed in. It's sad for some of us.
guardian06
posté: Il y a 1883 jours
Well said, Gloria 
p01s0n_l1p5_0f_bl0od
posté: Il y a 1880 jours
mystique1155 - Oh, honey I wasn't putting you down in any way. I am so sorry if you felt that way. I was only explaining what I was thinking happened. 

I am so sorry. You are a smart person and an amazing artist, I was only trying to answer your question as best as I could.

I love Blingee, it's my favorite place to be. I love everyone on here. Blingee as actually helped me through some very hard times and so have the friends that I have made here.

I do hope that this is just a glitch because there are Blingees that I haven't been able to make. I can say that these words, including the word DEAD, do work if you're already making a blingee and hit search on the canvas.

Please don't ever think that I am trying to be rude, I have never been one who likes hurting people. I love everyone equally, and try to avoid a situation that would upset someone. So if I upset anyone by my last comment, I apologize.

En vedette

Merry Christmas

Créé par: beba_zo

Place ton Blingee ici!